Claire Turnbull's Roasted beetroot and pumpkin salad
This delicious salad is perfect now we are moving into Autumn and makes the most of delicious seasonal produce. It’s perfect to enjoy with some beautiful steak, chicken or salad for dinner and then take some leftovers for lunch the next day. Ideal for entertaining too.
- 4 medium Beetroot peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes
- ½ pumpkin peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 4 cups of salad greens, baby spinach or lettuce
- 50g Buffalo Feta cheese, chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp. raw unsalted almonds
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Genevieve's Saffron and Orange Vinaigrette
- Black pepper to season
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a roasting tray with baking paper and put in the chopped beetroot. Drizzle the beets with 1 tbsp. of the oil and coat the cubes with the oil using your hands (gloves might be wise!). Cover with foil and pop into the oven. This will need to cook for about 40minutes, then uncover and cook for a remaining 10minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and put the chopped pumpkin onto this, coat this in the remaining tbsp. of oil and sprinkle with thyme and black pepper. Bake for 20-25minutes until soft and golden.
- While the beetroot and pumpkin are cooking, on a platter or in a serving bowl, scatter the salad greens, spinach and/or lettuce. When the roasted vegetables have cooled, sprinkle them over the top, then sprinkle over feta, almonds and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the saffron and orange vinaigrette before serving.
- You can swap the pumpkin for sweet potato or carrots
- Use any nuts and seeds you like
With thanks to: Nutritionist Claire Turnbull
- Craig Hopkins